Welcome to the 2021 Medical Examiner's Mystery Reading Challenge! Your goal as Medical Examiner is to issue as many Toe Tags as you can during 2021, by reading murder mysteries and documenting the cause of death of the unfortunate victim(s). Just read a book and submit your first Death Certificate to join. U P D A T E S Dec 1: Here is Mystillery Newsletter #16 for December. Nov 29: Susan Jensen (Arizona) ties her 400th toe tag to slip the Squishy Scarlet Sponge away from Avid Series Reader. Susan still holds the Bent Brass Bone Saw for most recent 300th as well. Nov 27: Tina Hilbert (Utah) and Jjean (Missouri) jointly take the new Massive Magnesium Magnifier award, just instituted for most recent 500th toe tag! Nov 22: At our current average rate of 869 Toe Tags written per month, we are expecting to exceed 10,000 for this year! Last year only 2719 were written.
Morgue:Welcome to the Morgue. We have a full staff of 37 competent Medical Examiners ready to examine your mystery readings. You may refer to their autopsy notes by clicking on their clipboard icons.
Honorary badges are conferred to autopsy leaders as follows. Each badge is handed off from person-to-person as earned.
- Groaning Golden Gurney: Most Toe Tags Issued
- Slippery Silver Scalpel: Most Books Read
- Bulging Bronze Body Bag: Most Authors Read
- NEW: Massive Magnesium Magnifier: Most recent 500th Toe Tag
- Squishy Scarlet Sponge: Most recent 400th Toe Tag
- Bent Brass Bone Saw: Most recent 300th Toe Tag
- Floppy Fuschia Forceps: Most recent 200th Toe Tag
- Lavender Lab Coat: Most recent 100th Toe Tag
Need more challenges?