Welcome to the 2022 Medical Examiner's Mystery Reading Challenge! Your goal as Medical Examiner is to issue as many Toe Tags as you can during 2022, by reading murder mysteries and documenting the cause of death of the unfortunate victim(s). Just read a book and submit your first Death Certificate to join. Tina Hilbert (Utah) grabs the Groaning Golden Gurney (Most Toe Tags @ 94) ! Welcome to our newest examiner, David Salley (New York) as he joins in with authors Auralee Wallace and Julie Hyzy ! Welcome to our newest examiner, Morgan KP (New Jersey) as she jumps in to the morgue with author Tracy Wolff ! Welcome to Anne A. (Maine) as she brings in authors C. J. Box and Walter Satterthwait ! Bev "Quincy" Hankins (Indiana) manages to seize the (shared w/Simone) Slippery Silver Scalpel (Most Books @ 16)! Who will be first to don the stylish lavender lab coat? Whoever ties their 100th Toe Tag! Won't be long now. Here is the January Mystillery Newsletter.
Morgue:Welcome to the Morgue. We have a skeleton crew (get it?) of 23 competent Medical Examiners ready to examine mystery readings. You may refer to their autopsy notes by clicking on their clipboard icons.
Honorary badges are conferred to autopsy leaders as follows. Each badge is passed from person-to-person as earned.
- Groaning Golden Gurney: Most Toe Tags Issued (10 minimum)
- Slippery Silver Scalpel: Most Books Read (10 minimum)
- Bulging Bronze Body Bag: Most Authors Read (10 minimum)
- Massive Magenta Magnifier: Most recent 500th Toe Tag
- Squishy Scarlet Sponge: Most recent 400th Toe Tag
- Bent Brass Bone Saw: Most recent 300th Toe Tag
- Floppy Fuschia Forceps: Most recent 200th Toe Tag
- Lavender Lab Coat: Most recent 100th Toe Tag
Need more challenges?