|2019 Medical Examiner Mystery Reading Challenge|
- I have removed the box for contributing the first line of your stories. I have plenty! I am now working on wrapping The Missing Challenge Reader Case up. Thanks for your contributions!
- You may contribute a profile photo if you wish, to be shown next to your name on this page. Just email it to me, I can crop/resize as needed. I can even crop out your ex if needed.
Morgue:Welcome to the Morgue. Be sure to visit our cozy after-hours pub, Autopsy Turvy.
We currently have 8 Medical Examiners on staff. You may refer to their clipboards, linked below.
VITAL STATISTICS AS OF MON JULY 22 @ 1 PM EDT Medical Examiner Toe Tags issued Books read TTPB* Clipboard More body parts sk888888
182 37 4.92 Clipboard Bev Hankins
170 51 3.33 Clipboard Rick Mills
148 48 3.08 Clipboard Avid Series Reader
91 33 2.75 Clipboard Ahcop
87 25 3.48 Clipboard Tari Hann
76 33 2.30 Clipboard Susan Jensen
39 19 2.05 Clipboard LuAnn Braley
2 1 2.00 Clipboard Help wanted.
This could be you.
0 0 0.00 Help wanted.
This could be you.
0 0 0.00
*TTPB = Toe Tags Per Book (average)
- You are the Medical Examiner, and your goal is to issue as many Toe Tags as you can during 2019, by reading murder mysteries and determining the cause of death of the unfortunate victim(s).
- No advance signup needed.
- Read a murder mystery. Note the victim(s) and cause(s) of death.
- Submit one Death Certificate per book, identifying the Cause(s) of Death of the victim(s). Any death (accidental, natural causes, homicide, suicide) counts, as long as the person is significant enough to be named in the book.
- This page does not update in real time. Your submission generates an email to the Chief Medical Examiner, who will fill in the data.
- The challenge is open for business! Challenge runs Jan 1 - Dec 31 2019. Plenty of time to jump in!
- Formats: Print books, audio books, or e-books may be used.
- You get one Toe Tag per victim. What counts? If the person is significant enough to be given a name, then it counts. (You need a name to fill out the Toe Tag, silly!) Examples:
- Ten years ago, he was convicted of murdering his barista, Trevor Simpson, for messing up his coffee order. - COUNTS
- Ten years ago, when in the Chicago mob, he dumped 7 guys in the bay for messing up his alibi.- DOES NOT COUNT
- Reviews: You do not need to write reviews, but you are welcome to. If you supply a link to your blog or Goodreads review, I will link to it.
- Bloggers are welcome to copy the toe tag image from the header for your blog.
- Cross-entries from other challenges are encouraged.
- For more details on what counts and what doesn't, see the FAQ page.
- Toe Tags will be counted for prizes on or about Dec. 31 2019. A running tally is shown above. Top Ten Toe Taggers Treat Themselves To a book from either my Paperback Swap Bookshelf, or an actual cardboard box on the floor of random mysteries. See the prize list for details.
Want more challenges?