- Welcome! This is an ongoing (not an annual) reading challenge. The goal is to become acquainted with mystery stories across the last century, by reading one from each of the ten previous decades, comprising 1920-2019. Reading one from each decade (ten total) earns you membership in our refined, elegant Mystillery Century Club; where the conversation, like the champagne, is sparkling. This is an honour you will be pleased to modestly mention upon your bourgeois blog page.
- Here is Mystillery Newsletter #3, Nov. 8 2020
MYSTILLERY CENTURY CLUB MEMBERS as of WED NOV 11 2020 Member Member # 1920's 1930's 1940's 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's 1990's 2000's 2010's Award Bev Hankins
1 Rick Mills
2 Avid Series Reader
* Applications which have no activity for a period of one year will be considered abandoned and removed.
MYSTILLERY CENTURY CLUB APPLICANTS as of WED NOV 11 2020 Applicant Last activity * 1920's 1930's 1940's 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's 1990's 2000's 2010's Sharon Angle-Boyer
Nov 15 2020 Megotducktape
Nov 10 2020 Simone C
Nov 10 2020 Traci L
Nov 10 2020 Sanacrow
Nov 10 2020 SueC
Aug 20 2020 Ahcop
June 4 2020
Submissions by members:Member #1, Bev Hankins 20s The Crimson Circle by Edgar Wallace, 1922 30s Red Warning by Virgil Markham, 1933 40s The Dead Shall Be Raised by George Bellairs, 1942 50s Stand Up & Die by Frances & Richard Lockridge, 1953 60s The Stately Home Murder by Catherine Aird. 1969 70s Table D'Hote by Douglas Clark, 1977 80s Lament for a Lady Laird by Margot Arnold, 1982 90s River of Darkness by Rennie Airth, 1999 00s The Hellfire Conspiracy by Will Thomas, 2007 10s Murder at Midnight by C. S. Challinor, 2014 Member #2, Rick Mills 20s The Broadway Murders by Edward Doherty, 1929 30s Death in the Air by Agatha Christie, 1935 40s Deep Lay the Dead by Frederick C. Davis, 1942 50s A Murder is Announced by Agatha Christie, 1950 60s Kept Women Can't Quit by Erle Stanley Gardner, 1960 70s El Rancho Rio by Mignon Eberhart, 1970 80s Three Days for Emeralds by Mignon Eberhart, 1988 90s The Unlikely Spy by Daniel Silva, 1995 00s Vineyard Enigma by Philip R. Craig, 2002 10s The Forgotten Room by Lincoln Child, 2015 Member #3, Avid Series Reader 20s The Canary Murder Case by S.S. Van Dine, 1927 30s The Attic Murder by S. Fowler Wright, 1936 40s The Horizontal Man by Helen Eustis, 1946 50s Death in Berlin by M.M. Kaye, 1955 60s The Deep Blue Good-By by John D. MacDonald, 1964 70s Death of a Hawker by Janwillem van de Wetering, 1977 80s Lonely Hearts by John Harvey, 1989 90s Witch Hunt by Jack Harvey (Ian Rankin), 1993 00s Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger, 2009 10s Tangerine by Christine Mangan, 2018
Submissions by applicants:Ahcop 20s 30s Death by Request by Katherine and Romilly John, 1933 40s Relative to Poison by E.C.R. Lorac, 1947 50s Sleep Long, My Love by Hillary Waugh, 1959 60s ...and presumed dead by Lucille Fletcher, 1963 70s A Rooted Sorrow by P. M. Hubbard, 1973 80s 90s 00s 10s SueC 20s 30s 40s 50s 60s 70s 80s 90s 00s Spanish Dagger by Susan Wittig Albert, 2007 10s Duck the Halls by Donna Andrews, 2013
- You can sign up at this page.
- Once you have read each book, submit the Century Club Submission to the Membership Secretary.
- This is an ongoing challenge, no expiration date; however, applicants are expected to submit at least one book per year. If there are no submissions for a period of one year, applications will be considered abandoned and quietly escorted out the kitchen door.
- For our purposes, use the year the book was written, not necessarily the year it was published. If in doubt, just use the earliest date on the book's title page.
- Books may be read in any order.
- Past reading may be submitted.
- Authors can be enjoyed multiple times.
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, short stories, or e-books may be used. Movies do not count.
- Reviews are optional. If you include the URL of your review, a link to it will be provided in the Credentials section above. Otherwise, a link will be provided to generic information about the title.
- Once you achieve full membership (all ten decades), you may modestly post the Mystillery Century Club logo on your blog.
- What happens if we read another book from the same decade? - Only one book per decade is required, so additional books from the same decade do not help. RM
- Can the concierge help get a spot of the soup off my tie? - Yes.
- Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for participating!