Here's to crime!
Welcome to the Century Club Mystery Reading Challenge at Mystillery Manor, the pièce de résistance of mystery reading challenges! This is an ongoing (not an annual) reading challenge. Your goal is to gain a place at the table of our refined, elegant Mystillery Century Club; where the conversation, like the champagne; is sparkling. You do this by becoming acquainted with mystery stories across the last century, by reading one from each of the ten previous decades (1920-2019); and adding each one to your pedigree.
You join the Social Climbers upon your first submission. You will become a Centurion upon your tenth - and final - submission, and gain a place at our table. Then your membership standing is permanent, and you will earn the coveted privilege of displaying the Century Club laurel-wreath logo on your web page or blog. You may wish to link the image or text to this page so the bourgeois on the internet can gape in abject awe.
July 26: Social Climber Traci L. submits the 1960's and 1970's to her pedigree! The pedigrees have been moved to separate pages to clean up this page (same idea as Medical Examiner and Six Shooter). Click your pedigree icon to view. Plus, this makes it easy to save or print your own pedigree.
MYSTILLERY CENTURY CLUB Centurions as of TUE JULY 26 2022 - in order of admission Member # Centurion Social Register 1920's 1930's 1940's 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's 1990's 2000's 2010's Pedigree 1 Bev Hankins
2 Rick Mills
3 Avid Series Reader
7 Robin Retzler
8 Simone Clark
10 Tina Hilbert
MYSTILLERY CENTURY CLUB Social Climbers as of TUE JULY 26 2022 - sorted by last engagement Social Climber Social Register Last activity Expiration* 1920's 1930's 1940's 1950's 1960's 1970's 1980's 1990's 2000's 2010's Pedigree Traci L
July 26 2022 July 26 2023 SueC
Apr 21 2022 Apr 21 2023 Rhonda D.
Jan 7 2022 Jan 7 2023
* Expiration date is extended by one year upon each submission. See rules below.
Expired applications/pedigrees which may be reactivated upon request: Deanie
Key to symbols (various book icons) Decade completed Pedigree listing New or updated Tracker page Blog Goodreads profile Paperback Swap bookshelf
- No advance signup needed.
- Here is an easy way to sort your Goodreads books by publication year, making it easy to identify books you have already read that qualify for this challenge! Read How to sort your Goodreads books by publication date.
- Once you have read each book, submit the Century Club Submission to the Membership Secretary.
- This is an ongoing - not annual - challenge. However, Social Climbers are encouraged to submit at least one book every six months.
- No advance signup needed. Just submit your first book(s) to begin and join the Social Climbers. As a Social Climber, the expiration date of your application is extended by one year upon each submission to your pedigree. If there are no additions to your pedigree for a period of one year, the application will be considered abandoned and expired.
- Upon your tenth (and final) addition to your pedigree, you will become a Centurion. This status will never expire, you shall be immortal.
- For our purposes, use the year the book was written, not necessarily the year it was published. If in doubt, just use the earliest date on the book's title page.
- Books may be read in any order.
- Past reading may be submitted. Check your shelves! That book you had to read in fourth grade? It counts!
- Authors can be enjoyed multiple times.
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, short stories, or e-books may be used. Movies do not count.
- Reviews are optional. If you include the URL of your review, a link to it will be provided.
- Once you achieve Centurionship (all ten decades), you may modestly post the Mystillery Century Club logo on your blog, your Bentley, Tesla, Rolls, or equivalent.
- What happens if we read another book from the same decade? - Only one book per decade is required, so additional books from the same decade do not help. RM
- What varieties of wine do you serve here? - We have three kinds: traditional corks, screw-tops, and those cardboard boxes.
- What is an appropriate amount to tip the valet? - $5
- Questions? Email me at email@example.com. Thank you for participating!
A Mystillery challenge by