The 2021-2022 Ten Pins Reading Game has closed. Please come visit Mystillery Lanes again when we reopen, on Oct. 1, 2022.
MYSTILLERY LANES LEAGUE STANDINGS updated THU MAR 31 2022 @ 11:5p pm EDT convert
First Strings Bowler Books* Pin 1 Pin 2 Pin 3 Pin 4 Pin 5 Pin 6 Pin 7 Pin 8 Pin 9 Pin 10 Tina Hilbert
16 One Potion in the Grave (Heather Blake) Knit One, Kill Two (Maggie Sefton) The Three Tools of Death (G.K. Chesterton) The Four Johns (E Queen) Eight in a Box by (R Yessayan) MINUS Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (A Bradley) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Rowling) OF The Other Side of Midnight (St. James) CREATIVE Sleep No More: Six Murderous Tales (James) PLUS Squanto and the First Thanksgiving (Rabbit Ears) File Under 13 Suspicious Incidents (L Snicket) MINUS Five Total Strangers (N Richards) Minute to Midnight (Baldacci) MINUS Three Hours in Paris (Black) One-hit Wonder (L Jewel) AND Zero Day by (D Baldacci) CREATIVE OutsmartYourShelf
The United Kingdom
11 Once Upon A Broken Heart (S Garber) The Couple on Maple Drive CREATIVE Three Perfect Liars (H Perks) The Couple at the Table (S Hannah) PLUS Two For the Lions (L Davis) The Chosen Twelve (J Breakwell) WILD CARD 291
Platform Seven (L Doughty) Girl Eight (M Woodhall) The House of 12 (S Davies ) WILD CARD Room 15 (C Harris) WILD CARD Bev "Striker" Hankins
11 With One Stone (F&R Lockridge) Two-Way Murder (E. C. R. Lorac) Murder in Three Acts (Agatha Christie) One Lady, Two Cats (Lockridge) PLUS One Murdered, Two Dead (Propper) The Five Assassins (O F Jerome) Sing a Song of Sixpence (Agatha Christie) Seven Dead (J. Jefferson Farjeon) Star Trek 8 (James Blish) A Mystery for Ninepence (Phyllis Gegan) Earl Derr Biggers Tells Ten Stories (E D Biggers) Jjean
11 1st To Die (James Patterson) The Second Time Around (M H Clark) Five Days in Paris (D Steel) MINUS Amish Christmas Twins (SS Gray) Four Blind Mice (James Patterson) Five Little Pigs (Agatha Christie) Six Feet Over It (Jennifer Longo) The Devil In Pew Number Seven (R N Alonzo) Eight Days To Live (Iris Johansen) The 9th Judgment (James Patterson) 10th Anniversary (James Patterson) SueC
11 One Bad Apple (Sheila Connolly) The Double Comfort Safari Club (A Smith) The Man Who Died Twice (Osman) PLUS No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (A Smith) Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Rhys Bowen) The Four Winds (K Hannah) PLUS One Year in Coal Harbor (P Horvath) The Midnight Hour (E Griffiths)
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (T J Reid) Eight Perfect Murders (Peter Swanson) The Thirteenth Tale (Diane Setterfield)
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by (Rachel Harris)
Avid Series Reader
10 One Step Behind (H Mankell) Service for Two (K KIngsbury) Cocktails for Three (M Wickham) The Fourth Sacrifice (P May) A Hundred Summers (B Williams) WILD CARD 28 Summers (E Hilderbrand) WILD CARD The Seven Sisters (L Riley) Eight Perfect Murders (P Swanson) Nine Perfect Strangers (L Moriarty) 1225 Christmas Tree Lane (D Macomber) CREATIVE 1+2+2+5 Rick Mills
10 Eleven Came Back (M Seeley)
Double Sin (Agatha Christie) Murder in Three Acts (A Christie) The Four of Hearts (E Queen) The Fifth Key (GH Coxe) Sing a Song of Sixpence (Agatha Christie) The Port of Seven Strangers (KM Knight) And on the Eighth Day (E Queen) The 81st Site (Kenrick) WILD CARD The Man in Lower Ten (M. R. Rinehart) Rhonda D.
6 The Second Chance Boutique (L Leaman) Four to Score (J Evanovich) The Seventh Sinner (E Peters) Eight Perfect Murders (P Swanson) Twisted Twenty-Six (J Evanovich) MINUS The 17th Suspect (J Patterson ) C0NTENTH0MEB0DY
6 Not One of Us (D Herbert) 2nd Chance (J Patterson) Three Women Disappear (J Patterson) NYPD Red 4 (J Patterson) Girl, 11 (A Clarke) WILD CARD NYPD Red 6 (J Patterson) Second Strings Bowler Books* Pin 1 Pin 2 Pin 3 Pin 4 Pin 5 Pin 6 Pin 7 Pin 8 Pin 9 Pin 10 Jjean
4 One Kick (C Cain) Three Witnesses (R Stout) Four to Score (J Evanovich) The Seventh Commandment (L Sanders) photo Your name
* This is the total number of books submitted per string (not the number of pins knocked down). This is an incentive to use creative ways to stuff more titles into your submissions. If you bowl more than one string, each is scored separately.
Key to symbols Moved up New or updated today Pin down
- Rent some ugly shoes, watch us spray them with some WD-40.
- Grab a slice of greasy pizza and a warm beer.
- You start with ten pins. The goal is to knock them all over. Each pin knocked over will be replaced by your book title(s) in the table above. Knock over a pin by any of these methods:
- Exact method: Read a book with that number in its title. Some numbers are difficult to find, so try these alternate methods...
- Addition: This requires reading one or two books, the sum being the desired pin number.
- Subtraction: This requires reading one or two books, the difference being the desired pin number.
- Multiply: This requires reading one or two books, which multiply to the desired pin number.
- Divide: This requires reading one or two books, which divide to the desired pin number.
- Wild Card: Read a book with a zero or eleven or greater in the title. This book may be used to knock over any pin of your choice.
- Be creative: Figure out some other way to come up with the pin number!
- Submit the scorecard (once for each pin).
- This seasonal game is open now through March 31 2022 (alternates with Abra Cadavers).
- Any genre may be read.
- Any reading done from Jan 1 2021 to March 31 2022 qualifies. Can't remember? Check your Medical Examiner clipboard or Six Shooter Gallery!
- You may use each book only once (if title has two numbers in it, you may use it twice).
- You can change or rearrange your books/pins. You may find this necessary to get all the pins down. Just submit the form for the pin again, the new info will replace the old info. Well, not immediately. As soon as I update the page. Or if it is complicated, just email me.
- You can reuse books already used by others.
- You can reuse each of the methods as much as you like.
- Once you complete ten pins, you can bowl another 'string' if you like. Each string is scored separately.
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, short stories, or e-books may be used.
- Bloggers are welcome to any images for your blog.
- Does a variation of a number count? For example, Thrice for Three? Second for Two? Or does it have to be the actual number?
Yes, any variation ihat indicates a quantity is OK. Here are some examples - there are certainly more:
- for one: one, once, first, single, each, solo, etc.
- for two: two, twice, second, double, both, twins, couple, duo, pair, etc.
- for three: three, thrice, third, triple, trio, etc.
- My niece says 1 AND Zero makes 10. Does this ring true in the challenge under the "be creative"?
This question flummoxed me for a bit until I realized she meant "spelling out" 10 with a 1 and 0. Certainly it is creative! Of course, you can use just the zero as a wild card to do the ten pin, and save the one for another pin too.
- Questions? Email me at email@example.com. Thank you for participating!
Need more challenges?