|The Mystillery||Medical Examiner's Challenge||Six Shooter Challenge||Bingo Challenge||Abra Cadavers||Century Club|
- What is this? It's not really a challenge, just a fun diversion from your daily reading, to see how you perform on our virtual baseball team.
- Welcome to the 2020 baseball season of the Abra Cadavers, the official combined team of the Medical Examiners office, the Six Shooters, Century Club, and the Bingo players! The team is open to anyone participating in one of the challenges who needs to relax after a rough day in the morgue, shooting gallery, dining room, or bingo hall. All reading previously submitted to any of the 2020 Mystillery challenges counts! Just put on a helmet, grab a bat, step up to the plate, and swing for the fences!
- This game follows the baseball season, such as it is. It will close on September 30, 2020 and reopen for a new season on the first day of major league baseball (date to be determined) in 2021.
Scoreboard as of SUN AUG 16 2020
sorted by Plate Appearances
Player PA Single Double Triple Home
Cycle Foul Bunt Walk Stolen
10 Avid Series Reader
10 Rick Mills
8 Traci L.
2 Position available.
- Complete all ten types of Plate Appearances (PA)* to become an All-Star.
- Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand and remove your caps for the National Anthem today performed by the U. S. Navy Band.
- Get a Single by reading one book. Now how hard is that?
- Get a Double by reading two books by a second author (Different author than the single)
- Get a Triple by reading three books by a third author (Different author than the single or double)
- Get a Home Run by reading four books by a fourth author. (Different author than the single, double, or triple)
- You have hit for the Cycle once you complete a single, double, triple, AND a home run.
- Get a Foul by giving up on a foul one with the dreaded DNF (Did Not Finish)
- Get a Bunt by reading a short story.
- Get a Walk by listening to an audiobook (so you could, theoretically, walk as you read).
- Get a Stolen Base by stealing (reading) a book which has been submitted to any of our previous or current challenges by someone else. This is an incentive for you to browse the readings of the other players. Look for possibilities here:
- Strike Out when a book strikes out of your house (out to the library, loaned out, mailed out, given away, sold, thrown out, audiobook taken outdoors for a walk, book taken elsewhere to read, etc.)
- Submit the Scorecard to record your plate appearance.
- end of season: The 2020 game will close September 30, 2020.
- Honor system, no need to document or report titles/authors.
- Prior reading for 2019/2020 Medical Examiner, 2019/2020 Six Shooter, and 2020 Bingo challenges all count.
- Reading not submitted to a challenge counts also.
- Any genre may be read, not limited to mysteries.
- Plate Appearances may be completed in any order.
- Baseball season is short! It ends on Sep. 30 2020!