|2020 Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge|
- Welcome to the Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge! Please consider joining us! In this challenge, you only compete against yourself, so we welcome new gunslingers to our shooting gallery any time! You may find this simpler than other challenges, as all record-keeping is done at this end - all you do is submit one report per book.
- Coronavirus update: I am temporarily suspending my mailing of prizes in order eliminate my trips/public exposure at the Post Office. You will still earn a prize credit (listed on the prize list), you can select a prize now and I will reserve it for later mailing, or order one through PaperbackSwap for immediate mailing. See the prize list for details. Thanks for your patience. RM
- Submitting a book for both the Medical Examiner and Six Shooter challenge? If so, you only need to fill out one form ... the Medical Examiner form ... there is a checkbox at the bottom which allows you to submit to both challenges at once. This should get you back to reading quicker!
READER BOARD as of: FRI MAR 27 2020 Gunslingers: 17
sorted by TCP, then shots fired. highest stats shown in red.
Gunslinger TCP* Shots
More info Bev Hankins
.857 14 1 2 Rick Mills
.400 16 4 1 Traci L.
.000 16 11 0 Tari Hann
.000 13 7 0 sk888888
.000 11 6 0 SueC
.000 11 4 0 Avid Series Reader
.000 11 4 0 Ahcop
.000 6 4 0 Stephanie W
.000 4 1 0 Deanie
.000 2 2 0 Lynn
.000 2 1 0 JJA
.000 2 1 0 Fanda
.000 2 1 0 Jane Reads
.000 1 6 0 Donnisha
.000 1 1 0 Boocks Books
.000 0 1 0 Nessa
.000 0 2 0 Lane open
This could be you.
.000 0 0 0 Lane open
This lane is closest to the snack bar.
.000 0 0 0
* TCP = Target Completion Percentage. This is similar to a batting average in baseball. It is the ratio of notches achieved (e.g., completed targets) to the number of shots taken. The formula is (notches/shots taken)*6. Completed targets will improve your TCP. However, shots that do not complete a target will lower your TCP. It's maddening, but that's the incentive to complete your targets, and it leads to a lot of exciting activity on the Reader Board. It also leads to the curious effect that you can rise in the Reader Board standings by simply doing nothing while other gunslingers read books that do not complete targets! Also note that the TCP is not affected by the number of active targets you have up (we have an infinite number of lanes), so load up the shooting gallery! Marge N. O'Vera, Shooting Gallery Statistician
Gunslinger Target * 1
(links to review)
2 3 4 5 6 Ahcop Miles Burton (Cecil Street) Mr. Westerby Missing John Dickson Carr The Nine Wrong Answers Anthony Gilbert Out For the Kill A Question of Murder Prelude to Murder Jean Potts Go, Lovely Rose Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Avid Series Reader Philip R. Craig First Light Vineyard Enigma A Vineyard Killing Charles Finch The Woman in the Water A Death in the Small Hours An Old Betrayal Marcia Muller The McCone Files The Dangerous Hour The Vanishing Point Carol O'Connell Find Me Judas Child Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Bev Hankins Agatha Christie 4:50 from Paddington And Then There Were None The Unexpected Guest The Murder of Roger Ackroyd The Big Four The Mystery of the Blue Train Frances & Richard Lockridge Killing the Goose Spin Your Web, Lady! Dorothy L. Sayers Gaudy Night Unnatural Death Thrones, Dominations The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club Have His Carcase The Nine Tailors Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Boocks Books Tonya Kappes Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Deanie Agatha Christie And Then There Were None J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts) Divided in Death Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Donnisha Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling) The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Fanda Agatha Christie The Sittaford Mystery Peril at End House Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Jane Reads Ellie Alexander
Rita Mae Brown V. M. Burns J. C. Eaton Botched 4 Murder Karen MacInerney Diane Vallere Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 JJA Franklin W. Dixon Rocky Road (Undercover Brothers #5) Top Ten Ways to Die (Undercover Brothers #8) Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Lynn R.D. Wingfield A Touch of Frost Night Frost Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Nessa Jessa Archer Agatha Christie Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Rick Mills Leslie Charteris Arthur Conan Doyle A Study in Scarlet The Sign of the Four The Hound of the Baskervilles The Valley of Fear The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes Erle Stanley Gardner
(Doug Selby series)
The D.A. Calls it Murder The D.A. Holds a Candle The D.A. Draws a Circle The D.A. Goes to Trial The D.A. Cooks a Goose Dorothy L. Sayers Whose Body? Clouds of Witness Murder Must Advertise Gaudy Night Edgar Wallace The Four Just Men Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 sk888888 Andrea Camilleri Paul Cleave Joe Victim Cemetery Lake Barry Eisler A Lonely Resurrection Paul Levine False Dawn Last Chance Lassiter Solomon vs. Lord Archer Mayor Borderlines Nick Pirog 3:00 AM 3:10 AM 3:21 AM Unforseen Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Stephanie W. J. D. Robb
Visions In Death Survivor In Death Origin In Death Memory In Death Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 SueC Rhys Bowen (Janet Quin-Harkin) Murphy's Law Her Royal Spyness C. J. Box Savage Run Open Season Winterkill Elly Griffiths (Domenica de Rosa) The Ghost Fields The Zig Zag Girl Smoke and Mirrors The Blood Card Karen White The House on Tradd Street The Girl on Legare Street Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Tari Hann Avery Aames (Daryl Wood Gerber) Lost and Fondue Ellery Adams The Book of Candlelight Peach Pies and Alibis Lyndsey Cole BlackBuried Pie Kathi Daley Cupid's Curse Joanne Fluke Sugar Cookie Murder Blueberry Muffin Murder Coconut Layer Cake Murder Fudge Cupcake Murder Lee Hollis (Rick Copp & Holly Simason) Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury Tonya Kappes
Stamped Out Dead to the Last Drop Southern Fried Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Traci L. Lucy Burdette
An Appetite for Murder Laura Childs Eggs on Ice Mumbo Gumbo Murder Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express Mary Higgins Clark Kiss the Girls and Make them Cry Amanda Flower Toxic Toffee Sherry Harris Let's Fake a Deal Jenn McKinlay Buried to the Brim Word to the Wise James Patterson 19th Christmas The Medical Examiner Debra Sennefelder Three Widows and a Corpse Joanna Campbell Slan Kiki Lowenstein and the Purple Passion Stuart Woods Stealth Treason Contraband
* Pseudonyms (pen names) are set in italics.
Key: Target Shot! New Rolled over from 2019 One shot to go! Notch your gun!
- Shoot (read) six mysteries by the same target (author). You get one notch on your gun (and a prize) for each target completed.
- No advance signup needed, but you can grab a lane and set up a target before you begin reading if you like.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection are required.
- Shoot (read) book #1
- Submit the form.
- You will get a lane in the Shooting Gallery upon taking your first shot.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you have read 6 books. Once you complete 6, you get a notch on your gun, and a prize.
- Please note the Shooting Gallery does not update in real time. This is a surprisingly low-tech operation. Your submission generates an email to The Grand Targetmeister, who will fill in the data.
- The challenge is open for business! Challenge runs now to Dec 31 2020. Plenty of time to jump in!
- You get to define what is a "mystery".
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, or e-books may be used.
- Each completed target earns you a notch on your gun.
- Once you have completed a target, you can target the same author again for additional notches.
- You can target different authors simultaneously or consecutively.
- Young folks are especially welcome too. Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew readers are naturals!
- Pseudonyms count as the same author, for example, if your target is Erle Stanley Gardner, you can count books by A. A. Fair.
- You do not need to write reviews, but you are welcome to. If you supply a link to your blog or Goodreads review, I will link to it.
- Bloggers are welcome to copy any images from this challenge.
- Cross-entries from other challenges are encouraged.
- Never enter the secret passageway first.
- Each completed target in the Shooting Gallery gives you a notch on your gun and a prize. See the prize list for details.
- Questions? Email me at email@example.com. Thank you for participating!