|2020 Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge|
- Welcome to our newest gunslingers, Donnisha, Traci L., Fanda, Jane Reads and Boocks Books!
- Submitting a book for both the Medical Examiner and Six Shooter challenge? If so, you only need to fill out one form ... the Medical Examiner form ... there is a checkbox at the bottom which allows you to submit to both challenges at once. This should get you back to reading quicker!
- This page has been reformatted for better viewing on cell phones and tablets. By lining up the images up at the top, the data tables can now be displayed at full screen width.
READER BOARD as of: FRI JAN 17 2020 Gunslingers: 13
sorted by shots taken
Gunslinger TCP* Active
Shots taken Completed
More info Avid Series Reader
.000 4 11 0 Bev Hankins
.000 3 10 0 Ahcop
.000 4 6 0 Rick Mills
.000 3 6 0 Stephanie W
.000 1 4 0 Tari Hann
.000 4 3 0 Traci L.
.000 3 3 0 sk888888
.000 4 2 0 Jane Reads
.000 6 1 0 Fanda
.000 1 1 0 Donnisha
.000 1 1 0 Boocks Books
.000 1 0 0 Nessa
.000 2 0 0 Lane open
This could be you.
.000 0 0 0 Lane open
This lane is closest to the snack bar.
.000 0 0 0
* TCP = Target Completion Percentage. This is similar to a batting average in baseball. It is the ratio of notches achieved (e.g., completed targets) to the number of shots taken. The formula is (notches/shots taken)*6. Completed targets will improve your TCP. However, shots that do not complete a target will lower your TCP. It's maddening, but that's the incentive to complete your targets, and it leads to a lot of exciting activity on the Reader Board. It also leads to the curious effect that you can rise in the Reader Board standings by simply doing nothing while other gunslingers read books that do not complete targets! Also note that the TCP is not affected by the number of active targets you have up (we have an infinite number of lanes), so load up the shooting gallery! (Once some targets get completed and we begin to have TCP data, the sort column above will switch over to TCP). - Marge N. O'Vera, Shooting Gallery Statistician
(links to bio/web)
(links to review)
Shot 2 Shot 3 Shot 4 Shot 5 Shot 6 Ahcop Miles Burton ( Cecil Street ) Mr. Westerby Missing Ahcop John Dickson Carr The Nine Wrong Answers Ahcop Anthony Gilbert Out For the Kill A Question of Murder Prelude to Murder Ahcop Jean Potts Go, Lovely Rose Avid Series Reader Philip R. Craig First Light Vineyard Enigma A Vineyard Killing Avid Series Reader Charles Finch The Woman in the Water A Death in the Small Hours An Old Betrayal Avid Series Reader Marcia Muller The McCone Files The Dangerous Hour The Vanishing Point Avid Series Reader Carol O'Connell Find Me Judas Child Bev Hankins Agatha Christie 4:50 from Paddington And Then There Were None The Unexpected Guest The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Bev Hankins Frances & Richard Lockridge Killing the Goose Bev Hankins Dorothy L. Sayers Gaudy Night Unnatural Death Thrones, Dominations The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club Have His Carcase Boocks Books Tonya Kappes Donnisha Robert Galbraith ( J. K. Rowling ) The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) Fanda Agatha Christie The Sittaford Mystery Jane Reads Ellie Alexander
Jane Reads Rita Mae Brown Jane Reads V. M. Burns Jane Reads J. C. Eaton Botched 4 Murder Jane Reads Karen MacInerney Jane Reads Diane Vallere Nessa Jessa Archer Nessa Agatha Christie Rick Mills Arthur Conan Doyle A Study in Scarlet The Sign of the Four The Hound of the Baskervilles The Valley of Fear Rick Mills Erle Stanley Gardner
(Doug Selby series)
The D.A. Calls it Murder Rick Mills Dorothy L. Sayers Whose Body? sk888888 Andrea Camilleri sk888888 Paul Cleave Joe Victim sk888888 Barry Eisler Hard Rain (A Lonely Resurrection) sk888888 Paul Levine Stephanie W. J. D. Robb
Visions In Death Survivor In Death Origin In Death Memory In Death Tari Hann Ellery Adams Tari Hann Lyndsey Cole BlackBuried Pie Tari Hann Lee Hollis ( Rick Copp & Holly Simason ) Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury Tari Hann Tonya Kappes
( Maymee Bell )
Stamped Out Traci L. Laura Childs Eggs on Ice Traci L. James Patterson 19th Christmas Traci L. Debra Sennefelder Three Widows and a Corpse
Key: Target Shot! New Rolled over from 2019 One shot to go! Notch your gun!
- Shoot (read) six mysteries by the same target (author). You get one notch on your gun (and a prize) for each target completed.
- No advance signup needed, but you can grab a lane and set up a target before you begin reading if you like.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection are required.
- Shoot (read) book #1
- Submit the form.
- You will get a lane in the Shooting Gallery upon taking your first shot.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you have read 6 books. Once you complete 6, you get a notch on your gun, and a prize.
- Please note the Shooting Gallery does not update in real time. This is a surprisingly low-tech operation. Your submission generates an email to The Grand Targetmeister, who will fill in the data.
- The challenge is open for business! Challenge runs now to Dec 31 2020. Plenty of time to jump in!
- You get to define what is a "mystery".
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, or e-books may be used.
- Each completed target earns you a notch on your gun.
- Once you have completed a target, you can target the same author again for additional notches.
- You can target different authors simultaneously or consecutively.
- Young folks are especially welcome too. Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew readers are naturals!
- Pseudonyms count as the same author, for example, if your target is Erle Stanley Gardner, you can count books by A. A. Fair.
- You do not need to write reviews, but you are welcome to. If you supply a link to your blog or Goodreads review, I will link to it.
- Bloggers are welcome to copy any images from this challenge.
- Cross-entries from other challenges are encouraged.
- Never enter the secret passageway first.
- Each completed target in the Shooting Gallery gives you a notch on your gun and a prize. See the prize list for details.
- Questions? Email me at email@example.com. Thank you for participating!