|2020 Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge|
- Submitting a book for both the Medical Examiner and Six Shooter challenge? If so, you only need to fill out one form ... the Medical Examiner form ... there is a checkbox at the bottom which allows you to submit to both challenges at once. This should get you back to reading quicker!
READER BOARD as of: MON FEB 24 2020 Gunslingers: 14
sorted by TCP, then shots taken. highest stats shown in red.
Gunslinger TCP* Active
More info Bev Hankins
.500 2 12 1 Traci L.
.000 10 12 0 Avid Series Reader
.000 4 11 0 Rick Mills
.000 5 11 0 Tari Hann
.000 6 7 0 Ahcop
.000 4 6 0 sk888888
.000 5 5 0 Stephanie W
.000 1 4 0 Deanie
.000 2 2 0 Fanda
.000 1 2 0 Jane Reads
.000 6 1 0 Donnisha
.000 1 1 0 Boocks Books
.000 1 0 0 Nessa
.000 2 0 0 Lane open
This could be you.
.000 0 0 0 Lane open
This lane is closest to the snack bar.
.000 0 0 0
* TCP = Target Completion Percentage. This is similar to a batting average in baseball. It is the ratio of notches achieved (e.g., completed targets) to the number of shots taken. The formula is (notches/shots taken)*6. Completed targets will improve your TCP. However, shots that do not complete a target will lower your TCP. It's maddening, but that's the incentive to complete your targets, and it leads to a lot of exciting activity on the Reader Board. It also leads to the curious effect that you can rise in the Reader Board standings by simply doing nothing while other gunslingers read books that do not complete targets! Also note that the TCP is not affected by the number of active targets you have up (we have an infinite number of lanes), so load up the shooting gallery! Marge N. O'Vera, Shooting Gallery Statistician
(links to bio/web)
(links to review)
2 3 4 5 6 Ahcop Miles Burton ( Cecil Street ) Mr. Westerby Missing John Dickson Carr The Nine Wrong Answers Anthony Gilbert Out For the Kill A Question of Murder Prelude to Murder Jean Potts Go, Lovely Rose Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Avid Series Reader Philip R. Craig First Light Vineyard Enigma A Vineyard Killing Charles Finch The Woman in the Water A Death in the Small Hours An Old Betrayal Marcia Muller The McCone Files The Dangerous Hour The Vanishing Point Carol O'Connell Find Me Judas Child Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Bev Hankins Agatha Christie 4:50 from Paddington And Then There Were None The Unexpected Guest The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Frances & Richard Lockridge Killing the Goose Spin Your Web, Lady! Dorothy L. Sayers Gaudy Night Unnatural Death Thrones, Dominations The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club Have His Carcase The Nine Tailors Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Boocks Books Tonya Kappes Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Deanie Agatha Christie And Then There Were None J. D. Robb ( Nora Roberts ) Divided in Death Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Donnisha Robert Galbraith ( J. K. Rowling ) The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Fanda Agatha Christie The Sittaford Mystery Peril at End House Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Jane Reads Ellie Alexander
Rita Mae Brown V. M. Burns J. C. Eaton Botched 4 Murder Karen MacInerney Diane Vallere Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Nessa Jessa Archer Agatha Christie Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Rick Mills Leslie Charteris Arthur Conan Doyle A Study in Scarlet The Sign of the Four The Hound of the Baskervilles The Valley of Fear The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Erle Stanley Gardner
(Doug Selby series)
The D.A. Calls it Murder The D.A. Holds a Candle The D.A. Draws a Circle Dorothy L. Sayers Whose Body? Clouds of Witness Murder Must Advertise Edgar Wallace Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 sk888888 Andrea Camilleri Paul Cleave Joe Victim Barry Eisler A Lonely Resurrection Paul Levine Nick Pirog 3:00 AM 3:10 AM 3:21 AM Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Stephanie W. J. D. Robb
Visions In Death Survivor In Death Origin In Death Memory In Death Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Tari Hann Avery Aames (Daryl Wood Gerber) Lost and Fondue Tari Hann Ellery Adams The Book of Candlelight Lyndsey Cole BlackBuried Pie Kathi Daley Cupid's Curse Lee Hollis (Rick Copp & Holly Simason) Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury Tonya Kappes
Stamped Out Dead to the Last Drop Target 1 2 3 4 5 6 Traci L. Lucy Burdette
( Roberta Isleib )
An Appetite for Murder Laura Childs Eggs on Ice Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express Mary Higgins Clark Kiss the Girls and Make them Cry Amanda Flower Toxic Toffee Sherry Harris Let's Fake a Deal James Patterson 19th Christmas The Medical Examiner Debra Sennefelder Three Widows and a Corpse Joanna Campbell Slan Kiki Lowenstein and the Purple Passion Stuart Woods Stealth Treason
Key: Target Shot! New Rolled over from 2019 One shot to go! Notch your gun!
- Shoot (read) six mysteries by the same target (author). You get one notch on your gun (and a prize) for each target completed.
- No advance signup needed, but you can grab a lane and set up a target before you begin reading if you like.
- Safety glasses and hearing protection are required.
- Shoot (read) book #1
- Submit the form.
- You will get a lane in the Shooting Gallery upon taking your first shot.
- Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you have read 6 books. Once you complete 6, you get a notch on your gun, and a prize.
- Please note the Shooting Gallery does not update in real time. This is a surprisingly low-tech operation. Your submission generates an email to The Grand Targetmeister, who will fill in the data.
- The challenge is open for business! Challenge runs now to Dec 31 2020. Plenty of time to jump in!
- You get to define what is a "mystery".
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, or e-books may be used.
- Each completed target earns you a notch on your gun.
- Once you have completed a target, you can target the same author again for additional notches.
- You can target different authors simultaneously or consecutively.
- Young folks are especially welcome too. Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew readers are naturals!
- Pseudonyms count as the same author, for example, if your target is Erle Stanley Gardner, you can count books by A. A. Fair.
- You do not need to write reviews, but you are welcome to. If you supply a link to your blog or Goodreads review, I will link to it.
- Bloggers are welcome to copy any images from this challenge.
- Cross-entries from other challenges are encouraged.
- Never enter the secret passageway first.
- Each completed target in the Shooting Gallery gives you a notch on your gun and a prize. See the prize list for details.
- Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for participating!