|Mystery Reading Challenge Prize List|
- This is the prize list for the Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge, the Medical Examiner Mystery Reading Challenge, and the Murder Mystery Bingo Reading Challenge (coming Nov. 2019).
- Six Shooter prizes are awarded immediately upon the completion of a target line (6 books by one author).
- Medical Examiner prizes will be awarded at the end of the challenge (Dec. 2019).
- Murder Mystery Bingo prizes will be awarded upon completion of the set of four Bingo cards.
- In event of multiple grabs for the same book, earliest message date wins.
- Number of winners will depend on participation, and the number of books in the box!
- I reserve the right to modify (i.e., improve!) the prize system at any time.
- This page was last updated SEP 10 2019
Prizes!You can choose a prize one of three ways:
- I have over 200 books available on my public Paperback Swap bookshelf (Not all are paperbacks!). Browse my Paperback Swap Bookshelf to see if you would like one of those. If so, do not request it through Paperback Swap. Request it directly from me by email.
- I can have Paperback Swap send you any posted book they have listed, no matter who posted it, and even if you are not a member. It's just amazing. Here's how:
- Go to the Paperback Swap Search Page.
- Now this is critical: Set the pulldown menu to Posted Books as shown. (Otherwise the search will show new books offered for sale). Posted Books means used books members have posted as available for swaps.
example only! non-functional static image
- Enter your search terms.
- When you find one you want, note the author/title and email it to me, along with your mailing address if this is your first prize claim.
- I notify PBS to send you the book.
- When you get it, let me know, so I can click the receipt for the sender so they get credit.
- Select one from the cardboard box at my house. These are mostly hardcovers. List is below.
What's in the box (besides a cat):
Author Title Publisher Date Edition Brown, Dan Digital Fortress Thomas Dunne 1998 oversize paperbound Buck, Charles Neville Marked Men Collier Front Page Mysteries 1929 hardcover, Collier uniform binding, excellent condition Campbell, Alice Juggernaut Collier Front Page Mysteries 1928 hardcover, Collier uniform binding, boards slightly loose Carr, John Dickson The Lost Gallows Berkley Medallion 1965 paperback, reading copy only, stained Carr, John Dickson The Witch of the Low Tide, an Edwardian Melodrama Harper 1961 hardcover, 1st edition, ex-library Carr, John Dickson Scandal at High Chimneys, a Victorian Melodrama Harper 1959 hardcover, 1st edition, ex-library, with DJ and plastic overlay Cook, Robin Shock Putnam 2001 hardcover with DJ Eberhart, Mignon The Patient in Cabin C Random House 1983 hardcover with DJ and clear plastic overlay, ex-library Eberhart, Mignon Wings of Fear Collier Front Page Mystery 1946 hardcover, this series does not use DJ's Ferrars, E. X. The March Hare Murders Pocket Book 1949 vintage paperback, piece of back cover missing Haycraft & Beecroft, editors A Treasury of Great Mysteries Doubleday 1957 two volume hardcover set. No DJ, first and only edition, a definitive collection! Check out the contents in photo 1 and photo 2. Hillerman, Tony The Shape Shifter Harper Collins 2006 hardcover, with DJ, first edition, a little worn, tape on DJ, page edges a little soiled on top corner Keillor, Garrison Leaving Home Viking 1987 hardcover with DJ Kellerman, Faye & Jonathan Double Homicide: Boston and Double Homicide: Santa Fe Warner 2004 hardcover with DJ, first edition, 2 novels back-to-back Kellerman, Jonathan The Web Bantam 1996 hardcover with DJ, first edition, excellent condition Makin, William Brigade of Spies (nonfiction, historical biographies of spies) Robert Hale & Co., London 1937 hardcover, no DJ Pearsll, Jay Mystery and Crime - The New York Public Library Book of Answers(nonfiction, mystery fiction trivia) Fireside 1995 hardcover, like new. Good bathroom browsing book. Queen, Ellery Cop Out World 1969 hardcover, no DJ Queen, Ellery The Roman Hat Mystery
(the first Ellery Queen novel)
International 1930 hardcover, fair condition. reading copy only. Flyleaf and title page missing. Last page missing (but I have pasted in a copy of the last page, so no text is missing). Writing in book. Stabenow, Dana Better to Rest New American hardcover with DJ and plastic overlay, ex-library, clean, flyleaf removed, otherwise very good condition Stout, Rex The President Vanishes Pyramid 1967 paperback. Political thriller (not a Nero Wolfe) Weber, Ken Mini Five Minute Mysteries. This is a tiny 3" x 4" puzzle book, received as a gift, new condition Running Press 2004 hardcover. Weber, Ken More Five Minute Mysteries. Running Press 1991 oversize paperback, used but unmarked Willis, Clint Crimes of New York: Stories of Crooks, Killers, and Corruption from the World's Toughest City. (True Crime) Adrenaline 2003 paperback Secrets & Spies: Behind the Scenes Stories of WW II (non fiction) Readers Digest 1964 hardcover, with DJ
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for participating!
Want more challenges?