- Welcome! I am a mystery enthusiast and pleased to serve as your host for this challenge. Here is my personal web page and my Mystillery blog. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - Rick Mills
- No advance signup needed.
- once you have read each book.
- Here is an easy way to sort your Goodreads books by publication year, making it easy to identify books you have already read that qualify for this challenge! Read How to sort your Goodreads books by publication date.
- This is an ongoing - not annual - challenge. However, Social Climbers are encouraged to submit at least one book every six months.
- No advance signup needed. Just submit your first book(s) to begin and join the Social Climbers. As a Social Climber, the expiration date of your application is extended by one year upon each submission to your pedigree. If there are no additions to your pedigree for a period of one year, the application will be considered abandoned and expired.
- Upon your tenth (and final) addition to your pedigree, you will become a Centurion. This status will never expire, you shall be immortal.
- For our purposes, use the year the book was written, not necessarily the year it was published. If in doubt, just use the earliest date on the book's title page.
- Books may be read in any order.
- Past reading may be submitted. Check your shelves! That book you had to read in fourth grade? It counts!
- WILD CARD opportunity! We have not included the 2020-2029 decade in the challenge since we are only partially into that period. However, you may use a book written between 2020-2029 as a wild card for any other decade!
- Authors can be enjoyed multiple times.
- Print books, audio books, radio dramatizations, short stories, or e-books may be used. Movies do not count.
- Reviews are optional. If you include the URL of your review, a link to it will be provided.
- Once you achieve Centurionship (all ten decades), you may modestly post the Mystillery Century Club logo on your blog, Bentley, Tesla, Rolls, or equivalent.
- Expired pedigrees will be reactivated upon request. We have these on file: Deanie Rhonda D. SueC Traci L.
- What happens if we read another book from the same decade? - Only one book per decade is required, so additional books from the same decade do not help. RM
- What varieties of wine do you serve here? - We have three kinds: traditional corks, screw-tops, and those cardboard boxes.
- What is an appropriate amount to tip the valet? - $5
Goodreads Discussion Group:
- If you are on Goodreads, you may wish to join the Mystillery discussion group, which is a companion to the challenges. There is a separate discussion group for each Mystillery challenge, an Announcement board, and a virtual coffee shop. A shortcut icon appears at the top right of each challenge home page.
Messaging:If you wish to contact another challenger, first try the Goodreads message system:
- Click on the Goodreads icon on the challenger's line on the main page. This brings you to their Goodreads profile.
- Click the MORE button (with the down arrow)
- Click MESSAGE. This - hopefully - brings up a message form. Just fill it out!
- If the challenger does not have Goodreads, or is not accepting Goodreads messages, send an email to me (email@example.com) indicating who you wish to message. I will inquire of that challenger if they wish to message with you.
- Your name: You can choose how you wish your name to appear. If you wish to change it, just let me know.
- Your image: You can choose your icon image. Initially, this is set to a publicly available image if I can find one (Google account, Goodreads profile, etc.) If you do not wish your image to appear, a generic icon may be used. Just email it to me. Keep in mind they are tiny (50 px wide).
- Your location is optional.
- Your preferred pronouns will be honored if provided.
- Your email address is never posted, and is not shared with other challengers unless you specifically allow.
Back to the challenge page Revised Oct 19 2023