|sequence of operations|
- North Interchange Track 1: BAR train with incoming interchange traffic
- North Interchange Track 2: Amtrak Downeaster
- Davis station: one F7 (usually 568) and one coach.
- Pamola siding: clear.
- Cape Ann station: one coach and one cafe
- Kenton Yard Track 13: Two GP-18's
- Kenton Spur: incoming interchange remaining from last session
- South Interchange Track 1: The Acadian: two F7's (398/464 or 466/470), tavern, coach, dome
- South Interchange Track 2: BM/Conrail with incoming interchange traffic
- All mainline blocks set to Cab A.
- All interchange blocks set to neutral.
Morning passenger operations (approx. 30 actual mins)
The net effect of the morning's traffic is that the Downeaster and the Acadian, initally both on staging tracks, will trade places.
- 5:55 AM: 445 The Angus King, departs Davis Yard with one coach. Stop at Cape Ann, pick up additional coach and cafe. Stop at Kenton Junction.
- 6:40 AM: 447 The Acadian, northbound from Sanford, enters system through the South portal, stops at Kenton Juntion. Cars from 445 The Angus King are placed on the end.
- 7:00 AM: 680 The Amtrak Downeaster southbound from Lewiston-Auburn, enters system through the North portal and takes Pamola siding to allow the superior Acadian to pass northbound at 7:30 AM.
- 7:10 AM: 447 Acadian departs Kenton and continues northbound. The Acadian is superior and keeps the main track at Pamola for a 7:30 AM meet with the southbound 680 Downeaster. Continue through North Portal to track N1.
- 7:30 AM 680 Amtrak Downeaster (after the meet with The Acadian) continues southbound to Kenton. Passenger stop at Kenton Junction. Continue out South portal to track S1.
Day freight operations (approx. 1 hour 15 mins)
- 8:10 AM: 90 BAR Katahdin enters from North Portal track 2. Set out interchange loads at Pamola siding, return light.
- 9:00 AM: 60 Merchant Express departs Kenton Junction with any northbound bridge traffic from Kenton Spur. Go to North Portal, pick up all inbound cars from Pamola siding; exchange bridge traffic. Go to Kenton Spur. Drop southbound bridge traffic, if any. Go to Davis Yard and sorting into yard tracks (or handoff to yard operator).
- 12:00 PM: 61 Kenton Turn departs Davis Yard with any local setouts. Work any trailing point destinations along way to Kenton.
- 2:15 PM: 62 Kenton Turn reverses direction, becomes Train 62, and departs Kenton Junction, working any trailing point destinations on way back to Davis Yard. Upon arrival at Davis Yard, sort into yard tracks (or handoff to yard operator).
- 5:00 PM: 63 Merchant Express departs Davis Yard with any outbound interchange loads. Block train: Loco-N-S ). Drop southbound loads at Kenton Spur. Drop northbound loads at Pamola siding. Return to Kenton light, park on track 13.
- 5:50 PM: 91 BAR Kineo, enters from North Portal track 1 light. Pick up interchange traffic from Pamola siding and return.
Evening passenger operations (approx. 20 mins)
The evening traffic is the reverse of the morning traffic. The Downeaster and the Acadian will again trade places, winding up in their original locations, ready for the next session.
- Change room lighting to night configuration.
- 6:30 PM: 687 Amtrak Downeaster northbound from Sanford, enters system on South Portal track S1. Stop at Kenton Junction. Continue northbound to Pamola, take the passing siding for a 7:20 PM meet with 486 The Acadian.
- 7:10 PM: 486 Acadian, southbound from Lewiston-Auburn, enters system through the North Portal. At Pamola, remain on main track for a 7:20 PM meet with 687 Amtrak Downeaster. After the meet, continue to Kenton Junction.
- 7:30 PM: 687 Amtrak Downeaster departs Pamola to North interchange track N1.
- 8:00 PM: 488 Night Owl separates from The Acadian at Kenton Junction. Go to Cape Ann, set out one coach and the cafe. Go to Davis Yard.
Late night interchange operations (approx 15 mins)
- 10:30 PM: 92 Conrail/Pan Am Southern Crescent, northbound from Boston, enters system through the South Portal. Exchange interchange traffic at Kenton Spur and return.
- Remove freight cars from both interchange tracks, return to storage rack.
- Set up new freight cars from storage rack on interchange tracks, adding waybills.
- Advance waybills on layout: all empties become loads, all loads become empties.
- Set up Empty Car Orders as needed.