FUMC home >
Christian Education Committee >
Minutes, May 14 2017
Minutes, May 14 2017
- In attendance: Rick and Kathy Mills, Nathaniel Hunt, Jennifer Mayotte, Donna Brill, and Robert Molinaro
- Youth Group (Nathaniel Hunt, plus a report submitted by Dan Saucier): Next weekend, we will have our spring lock-in here at the church Friday into Saturday. We will also have our progressive supper on Sunday; this will be our final regular event. We will also have elections for next yearŐs officers. We will have one final event with the confirmation class on June 3 to visit, tour, and do some service work at Heifer International in Rutland, MA We also usher on ChildrenŐs Day on June 11, and then break for the summer
- Media Center (Marianne Gustafson): Not much going on in the library right now...it's kind of a mess from last weekend's fair. I plan on working on cleaning it up In the next couple of weeks.
- Boy Scouts Rick advised the proposed location for the Little Free Library is OK with Trustees. Reminder: DigSafe will need to be contacted prior to any holes being dug. Joshua Miltner is deciding between purchasing a kit, or purchasing the materials to build on his own.
- Sunday School (Donna Brill): ChildrenŐs Sunday is 6/11. Donna will send an email outlining the service format/needs. For the summer, the same curriculum as last year may be used. Volunteer teachers are needed. There is no Sunday School on the Sundays services are held on the Commons (typically the 2nd Sundays of July and August). Donna advises she will no longer serve on Christian Ed after this year, although she will still teach. She was thanked for her service.
- VBS (Michelle Pyrich): VBS will be July 10-14, 5-8pm. Planning session to be held Sunday, May 21, 11 AM. Theme is Maker Fun Factory: Created by God, Built for a Purpose. Here is the planning template. (Here is last year's planning template for reference). Program details are at this website (scroll all the way down to see program details).
- Bible Study (Rick Mills): Due to a previous commitment, I will not be available to lead an adult study during VBS.
- Strategic Planning: Here is the Strategic Planning document.
- Old Business: none
- New Business:
- Next Meeting: August 13
Agenda and minutes for all meetings are online at http://rickmillsproject.com/ced