FUMC home >
Christian Education Committee >
Minutes, Sep. 11 2016
Minutes, Sep. 11 2016
- In attendance: R i c k a n d K a t h y M i l l s , J i l l M i l t n e r , M a r i a n n e G u s t a f s o n , E r i n K e l l y , D a n S a u c i e r ,
M i c h e l l e P y r i c h , J e n n i f e r M a y o t t e , K r i s t e n S t u r t e v a n t
- Opening reading and prayer (Rick Mills): Ask, Seek, and Knock (Matthew 7:7/Luke 11:9)
- Youth Group (Erin Kelly and Dan Saucier): Meetings start today with a cookout. Upcoming
activities include a corn maze, racetrack cleanup, and a harvest party. They are working on
cleaning/organizing the youth room.
- Children's Youth Group (Michelle Pyrich): No longer meeting due to low attendance. Michelle
will send notes to the two children who did attend on a regular basis.
- Nursery / Cradle Roll (Jen Mayotte): Attendance has been very low. As a result of
discussion with Pastor Jeff, it has been decided the nursery will continue to be available with at
least one assigned caregiver. If no children have arrived once Sunday School begins, the
caregiver is free to go to worship.
- Media Center (Marianne Gustafson): The organ has been moved from the chapel into the
library. Due to books for the fall fair and other items being stored in the library, plans for
cleaning the space are on hold at this time.
- Boy Scouts (Jill Miltner): The fall is well underway with several new Scouts and leaders. A “Lion
Program” is now offered for kindergarten boys. A fall camporee will be held in Rochester and
include troops from as far north as Berlin. Scouts will help with parking at the fairgrounds.
Several training sessions are taking place.
- Sunday School ( E r i n K e l l y , D a n S a u c i e r , K r i s t e n S t u r t e v a n t , M i c h e l l e P y r i c h ) : A d d i t i o n a l
t e a c h e r s a r e b e i n g s o u g h t f o r t h e g r a d e 7 / 8 c l a s s . A s h e p h e r d i s n e e d e d f o r t h e e l e m e n t a r y
c l a s s . T h e r e a r e p l a n s t o w o r k o n o r g a n i z i n g s t u d e n t l i s t s .
- Old Business: The informational meeting for our next Confirmation Class is Sunday, October 23rd, at approximately 11:30 AM in the chapel. In addition, the grade-level requirement has been adjusted to include all youth in grade 7 or above. We are also seeking adults who may be interested in serving as mentors. Mentors attend classes with their confirmands and participate in discussions and one-on-one exercises. It is a highly rewarding (and fun!) way to serve. Mentor candidates should also consider attending the informational meeting. Please speak with Pastor Jeff or Robert Molinaro if interested.
- New Business: none
- Next Meeting: Oct. 9, 2016; 11:30 AM
Agenda and minutes for all meetings are online at http://rickmillsproject.com/ced