FUMC home >
Christian Education Committee >
Little Free Library proposal, Apr 15 2017
Little Free Library proposal,
Apr 15 2017
To: Charlie DeVito, Trustees chair
The Christian Ed. Committee has a suggested location for the planned Little Free Library (LFL), and we wanted to consult with Trustees before proceeding.
Please see diagram below.
We propose locating it as shown, near the intersection of the front walkway to the main Welcome Center doors, and the walkway to the Chapel's exterior door. We considered these criteria:
- LFL is a box-like structure, about 2 feet on a side, mounted on 4x4 post(s), set in concrete,
- Location at front of church is preferable for visibility and access by the general public.
- The opening doors of the LFL would face the walkway.
- This location would not require any additional snow removal work in winter.
- This location is inside the short retaining wall which runs adjacent to the sidewalk, protecting it from damage from errant vehicles and sidewalk plows.
- Inquiry with the city resulted in their statement that 1). no permitting is necessary if it is located entirely on church property; and 2). be sure it is not located within the city's right of way.
- We believe this location is entirely on church property, as the chapel itself is closer to the street than this proposed location.
- Would you please place this on the Trustee's agenda for your next meeting? If this meets with your approval we would like to place a wooden stake in the ground to mark the proposed location.
Apr 15 2017
From: Charles DeVito
I will forward this email to Trustees we will review it this Tuesday night (April 18 2017) at our regular meeting.
Agenda and minutes for all meetings are online at http://rickmillsproject.com/ced